Owl Camera, Inc. “Car Story” Contest Official Rules
- ELIGIBILITY: The Owl Camera, Inc. (“Owl,” “Sponsor”) customer video story contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of February 1, 2018, are the first user/owner of an Owl product, and are not otherwise ineligible as provided herein (“Entrant”). Members of any entertainment industry guild or associations, such as SAG, AFTRA, DGA, WGA or IATSE are not eligible to enter. Members of SAG or AFTRA may not appear in the videos. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: Create a video entry using the Owl Camera, Inc. product that shows your experience with the Owl product, and why everyone needs an Owl security camera in their car, while conveying a positive experience with an Owl product. Visit our “Submit” page and fill out the online entry form, then submit you videos through the Owl app. Videos must not exceed 30 seconds in length. Only clear and audible videos will be considered. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor. See Rule 3 for additional guidelines. Contest begins February 1, 2018, 12:00 am PDT, and may be discontinued at any time in Owl’s sole discretion. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PDT, nightly. Enter as often as you like, but each entry must be a unique video. Subsequent entries of the same video throughout the Contest will be disqualified. By participating, the Entrant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and Entrant represents and warrants that they meet the eligibility requirements.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All entries must meet the following guidelines:
The entry and all elements of the entry must be the Entrant’s original work and previously unpublished.
- The video must be captured on an Owl product only, not a cellphone camera.
- The entry must not exceed thirty (30) seconds total running time.
- The entry must help show why everyone needs an Owl security camera in their car, while conveying a positive experience with an Owl product.
- The entry must not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. That means that the video should not contain a trademark or logo of another company, nor any copyrighted materials such as music, photographs, or posters without Entrant having appropriate ownership or license rights to use said materials.
- The entry must be suitable for publication and publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries must be in good taste and must not contain obscene or defamatory statements nor portray Sponsor or any third party in any way that might tend to subject them to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule.
- Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor may use entry without any compensation to Entrant or persons appearing in the video, in any and all media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, including derivative works.
- The entry may not contain the following: Nudity, profanity, any situations which expose any persons appearing in the entries to physical injury.
- Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.
- Safety first. Any intentional dangerous acts are not tolerated and will result in permanent disqualification from the program.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: At the discretion of the Sponsors, some eligible entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor employees (the “Judges”). Owl was created to provide help and assurance in accidents, crashes, police stops, break-ins, and to see where those pesky dents came out of nowhere. Owl also makes it easy to share video for the everyday unexpected moments in your car. Winners are chosen based on the video that day that helps show “What Owl can do for you and your car.” The judges will select one entry to win the Grand Prize. The decisions of the judges are final and may not be appealed. Entries must not have been previously published and must be Entrant’s original work captured on Owl only, not a camera phone, video recorder, or any other device.
- WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE AWARDING: Every Monday for the previous week’s entries (Monday – Sunday), a Grand Prize winner shall be selected for each day. Winners will be notified on or about 2 days later via the email address provided in the entry form via the app. At discretion of the Sponsors, potential winners may be asked to sign and return a confirmation of eligibility and publicity and rights release, and the personal releases of each person appearing in the entry, within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. If any prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate. Winners agree that receiving and accepting a prize grants Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use universe-wide in any media now known or later developed at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: one thousand U.S. dollars ($1,000) cash, awarded in the form of a check. One winner will be announced per day. Tax obligations on the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of Entrant’s submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval or additional compensation. Each Entrant grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to use the story, characters, and any other information presented in the entry, including the name and likeness of Entrant and any persons appearing in the entry, in a commercial or other advertising and publicity for Sponsor.
In connection with your video entry, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize Sponsor to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right in all video entries to enable inclusion and use of the entry in the manner contemplated by this Contest and these Official Rules. You further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret, or is otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to submit the material and enter the Contest and to grant Sponsor of all the license rights granted herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering, Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or Entrant’s receipt, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any car, computer, cable, phone, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, data, or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process, submission, judging or any part of the Contest; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Californiahaving jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners (available after June 1, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Owl Cameras, Inc 115 Page Mill Rd Suite 109, Palo Alto, CA 94306; Attn: Names of Winners. Requests must be received by (May 30, 2018).